- From the A19 or A1 take the A1231 to Sunderland and follow signs for the City Centre, also signposted National Glass Centre.
- Follow the signs for the National Glass Centre until you see a green Allied Carpets building on your left. Turn right at the traffic lights.
- Keep in the left hand lane but DO NOT turn left for the National Glass Centre. You will see St Peter's church in front of you.
- Follow the road as it branches right into Dame Dorothy Street. You are now following the signs for University St Peter's West.
- Take the second left turning to University St Peter's (Billboard advertising St Peter's Wharf on the corner).
- Turn first left again onto Charles Street. (Billboard advertising St Peter's Gate at the corner).
- St Peter's Gate is the building on your right. The car park immediately in front of the building is for visitors and disabled.
Getting here by air
Getting here by rail
St Peter's is the nearest metro stop. Follow the signs through the subway to the University.
- Nexus: www.tyneandwearmetro.co.uk
- GNER: www.gner.co.uk
- Transpennine Express: www.firstgroup.com/tpexpress
- Sunderland Station Departure board: www.livedepartureboards.co.uk/ldb/summary.aspx?T=SUN.